Wednesday, November 20, 2013

DON'T END UP IN FAMILY COURT PART I

DON'T END UP IN FAMILY COURT
-anonymous ex wife

As I sit here in the family court building trying to find what Part 81 means, and what floor it is after standing on an outrageous line to be body scanned, and my back pack ransacked, my nerves frazzled and it's only 9 o’clock in the morning.

The most frightening part of this is mainly facing my ex as he stares me down with disdain and venom. Does he think I want to be here? I should be at work, but instead I'm sitting here in a room with other disgruntled individuals who like us, cannot agree on a resolution and need a stranger who has never met us to decide our fate.

As I sit here regretting that second cup of coffee and my body profusely sweating, I fear the worse. I fear that what I bring to the judge as my plea will be shot down. I see flashbacks of my youth in school sitting outside the principal’s office waiting for him to come out and call me in for punitive lectures and punishment. My heart is in my throat because I fear I won't have a chance to tell my side of the story, my right to my justice to the principal to the judge. I'm voiceless.

How and why did I get here, and what will be the outcome, will this verdict today lay heavy on me, will I be able to cope with the resolution, will I want to hurl a lead pipe to my ex's head?

comments go to Facebook Page or read more articles www.mediationandcounseling.com  and www.danagreco.com

No comments:

Post a Comment